As the world is facing the wide-spread health pandemic of Covid-19, philanthropic and nonprofit organizations are stepping up at every level. This is an ever-changing global crisis, with information and resources changing daily in many cases. Sadly, rumors and myth surrounding this pandemic lead to misinformation. As a family foundation committed to local and global humanitarian needs, we are trying to support the spread of accurate information as well as provide critical resources to those in need during these trying times.
Many of these sites provide key strategies on how to slow down the spread of the virus as well as ways ordinary citizens and local organizations can get involved. While this is not an exhaustive list, the following sites provide factual and regularly updated information:
National/International Covid-19 Philanthropic and Scientific Information
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy website - (CDP) provides key data, history of the global spread of the virus, suggestions on how individuals and nonprofits can help
- Candid - Daily updates and news stories focused on funds raised and grants distributed Covid-19 related issues.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) - extensive information on the virus and U.S. resources
- The World Health Organization's coronavirus webpage - regular updates, global tracking, guidance on hygiene and prevention, and more.
- Johns Hopkins University's website provides up-to-date tracking, guidelines for safety, myths vs. facts, and much more.
Colorado-focused Covid-19 Philanthropic Efforts and Data:
- Colorado Health Department regularly updates information and Covid-19 tracking for Colorado’s 64 counties including information on testing, telephonic help-lines, resources for local health care providers and more.
- Help Colorado Now - Covid Relief Fund - Local volunteer opportunities, donate critical supplies, ways businesses can get involved, volunteers locally blood donation link, food donation sites for humans as well as pets and much more.
- Colorado Emergency Child Care Collaborative - to help those needing emergency child-care
- Mile High United Way: Colorado COVID Relief Fund
- El Pomar Foundation: Colorado Assistance Fund
- Pikes Peak Community Foundation: Emergency Response Fund
- Longmont Community Foundation: Neighbor to Neighbor Covid-19 Relief Fund
- Aspen Community Foundation: COVID-19 Regional Response Fund
- Community Foundation Boulder County: COVID-19 Response Fund Boulder County
- Yampa Valley Community Foundation: COVID-19 Response Fund
- The Denver Foundation: Critical Needs Fund
- Community Foundation serving Southwest Colorado: Community Emergency Relief Fund
- Community Foundation of Northern Colorado: Northern Colorado COVID-19 Response Fund
- Telluride Foundation: Community COVID-19 Response Fund
- Summit Foundation: Emergency Needs Community Fund
- Grand Foundation: Emergency Assistance Fund
- Weld Community Foundation: Weld Recovers Fund